Dienstag, 31. Mai 2011

Exclusive: T.I. Helps Families Of 14 Fellow Inmates Visit Correctional Facility

'Their families can't afford the trip, so I wanted to help out,' T.I. says in a statement to MTV News.
By Rob Markman


T.I.
Photo: MTV News

While most spent this Memorial Day weekend at BBQs, the beach or in the club, T.I. spent his behind bars. But he also found a way to give back. Tip, who is currently incarcerated at the Forrest City Correctional Facility in Forrest City, Arkansas, in the midst of an 11-month bid for a probation violation after an L.A. drug arrest, sponsored a bus trip for the 46 family members of 14 fellow inmates to visit the prison.

"I've been blessed to receive tons and tons of mail from my fans, family and friends, as well as get visits on a regular basis. Unfortunately some guys aren't as fortunate," T.I. said in a statement obtained by MTV News. "There are a lot of good dudes in here that haven't been able to see there loved ones in years. Their families can't afford the trip so I wanted to help out."

Family and friends who took part in the bus trip, dubbed "To See a Love One," boarded a chartered bus in Atlanta and Alabama on Saturday and visited the prison on Sunday and Monday (May 30).

T.I. turned himself in to authorities last November and reported to the Forrest City federal facility, the same place where he served nine months in 2009 after he struck a plea deal stemming from his 2007 gun case. The rapper was released in March 2010 and sent to a halfway house to complete his sentence. In September of the same year, T.I. and his wife were arrested in Los Angeles for a driving violation and charged with drug possession. L.A. authorities eventually dropped the charges against Tip, but the Grand Hustle CEO was found in violation of his probation and thus sent back to prison.

Related Artists

Maureen McCormick Gary Cooper Derek Mears Solenn Heussaff

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen