Donnerstag, 10. November 2011

Nick Jonas Says Gabrielle Giguere Has 'A Clear Vision'

Jonas produced the song 'My Time' for the 14-year-old Quaker Chewy Superstar Search winner.
By Jocelyn Vena


Nick Jonas

Back in June, Nick Jonas told MTV News he was looking for the next Willow Smith or Greyson Chance when he teamed up with Quaker Chewy Superstar Search. Well, now he's found that person in 14-year-old Gabrielle Giguere.

"It was an exciting process, picking the winner," he told MTV News. "Basically, we narrowed it down to 35 of the best videos, and I chose my favorites, and then we made it a top five. And from there, America voted, and Gabrielle was our winner. And I'm so pleased, and getting in the studio with her was so amazing and crafting a song to her voice was a great experience."

Jonas, who has previously written tracks for Charice and Demi Lovato, said working with the Florida native proved to be quite a fruitful experience, resulting in the catchy, electronic pop tune "My Time." Giguere not only walked away with the Jonas-produced track, but also an online music video, a contract with Jonas Group Management and $5,000 in cash.

"It's just been a really great time so far, and I'm looking forward to seeing where things go for her," he said. "It was amazing getting in the studio with her. I think she had a clear vision of what she wanted to sound like, and she really wanted to be the best it can be."

So what does Nick think of all their hard work? "In my experience, I try and work specifically with the vocalist and try and figure out how they work and get the best result," he said. "We had the time to do that, and I feel like we came up with a really great-sounding song."

Have you checked out Gabrielle's song? Share your reviews in the comments!

Related Artists

Kathryn Prescott Dale Evans Melanie Chisholm Michelle Hunziker

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen