Montag, 28. Februar 2011

Justin Timberlake Says He Might Hit The Studio 'This Summer'

'I haven't been hired for anything so I may hire myself to write some music,' says 'The Social Network' star.
By James Dinh


Justin Timberlake
Photo: Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images

Time and time again, Justin Timberlake, busy with acting, has said that he wasn't ready to return to the world of music. But with no forthcoming film gigs on his plate, it appears that the multi-talent is finally ready to make some new tunes.

"I think I may spend some time in the studio this summer," the 30-year-old singer/actor told E! Online's Marc Malkin at this year's Academy Awards.

As for why 2011 is the year to return to his musical roots, J.T. explained that it's all a matter of scheduling as he hasn't signed on to any other project. "I'm unemployed right now," he admitted. "I haven't been hired for anything so I may hire myself to write some music. ... It's right around the corner."

While Timberlake hasn't put out a solo album since 2006's FutureSex/LoveSounds, the pop star has collaborated with a range of other artists, including Madonna, Rihanna and Ciara, on their material. In November, Drake also teased a possible collaboration with the pop megastar, saying, "I've always wanted to work with him and it's in the works right now; me and Justin Timberlake will probably have a song soon."

Just a few months ago, Timberlake opened up about his fans' response to his shifting career trajectory. "They're looking at me like, 'Why aren't you staying with one path?' " he told the Los Angeles Times. "They look at me like I'm ungrateful for my music career because I want to do film."

The pop star explained that he wanted to hold off on recording new music to develop his ideas. "I want to conceptualize something a little bit more," he said. "And it's probably because of the experience I'm having working with directors and screenwriters and getting to play cool characters. If that means I come up with, like, my version of 'Ziggy Stardust,' so be it. Who knows? What I've learned from acting in movies, I want to apply to music and see what happens."

Who should J.T. collaborate with on his new album? Share your suggestions below!

Related Artists

Megan Joy Emma Thompson Debra Winger Alex Gerrard

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen